Case 11: The Ritz-Carlton (Textbook page: 598)
Guideline and Suggestions
- Please read the “General Guideline to Solving Case Studies” before start.
- Read the case twice: once from top to down; second, by focusing on each statement
- When you analyze the case, think professionally. You better review the related chapter(s).
- Provide complete and appropriate response for each question (not less, not much)
- Please use the framework as provided below (second page)
- Using bullet points is the best style
The format of the assignment
- Length: Maximum 2 pages (remember: the content is more important than no of pages)
- 1.5 space, with Arial or Times New Roman, 11 fonts
- Margins: 1. inch from left & right, 0.5 inch top & bottom
Assignments will be evaluated in terms content with an emphasis on originality, analysis, completeness of the information, organization of your ideas, appropriate, conciseness, and clarity.
Copy-and-paste the questions to an MS Word document in order to answer them.
- Explain how Ritz Carlton applies the internal marketing concepts? (asking your opinion based on the information given in chapter 10 and other previous chapters)
- What market segments do you feel would be the best match for a Ritz Carlton Hotel? (seeking your opinion based on the facts given in the case)
- Discuss the importance of the “wow stories” in maintaining top-quality customer service for a luxury hotel like the Ritz-Carlton? (seeking your opinion based on the facts given in the case