In order to design a network, the first step is to collect network requirements. The network requirements are gathered from users and business requirements. The users form one of the important aspects of a successful network design. Your project is to design a network for a sports complex.
Develop a questionnaire to gather requirements from users, sports complex management, and staff. What kinds of questions would you ask to better understand their environment and each group of users?
Hint [Questions must also be aimed at identifying what applications, the users intend to use.]
Categories applications identified by users and devise an assessment plan of the applications for network performance.
Design a network as shown below in Figure 1, and perform a performance test for each set of applications as shown in following Table 1 to validate them. For the network design in Figure 1, Application Sets 1, 2, 3 and 4 in table 1, are located in LAN A, B, C and D respectively. Figure 1: Network Design for Performance Analysis.
Section to be included in the report
1. Questionnaire is prepared : Are questions prepared for: 1. Users 2. Management 3. Other Staff.
2.Purpose of each question: Are the question adequate to collect requirements to design a network i.e., an explanation of each question that shows what information is intended to be gained?
3. Validation and verification plan: Is there a plan to verify the gathered requirements from various stakeholders?
4. Network design along with applications and their protocols is explained: A network design is laid out and all application sets are defined with applications.
5. Demonstration: To demonstrate the network design using a simulator of your choice and all application sets and to present observations to achieve the application performance factors.
6. Formatting and Reference style: Follow IEEE reference style, and formatting